Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mollie's Really Big Hunt

Just when I thought the hunting season is slowing down, the yard is filling back up again.
The fox ran away from me !
It is getting dark early by now and it is still so hot, that the door stays open longer when the AC is not on.
There was the fox waiting for dinner !
I just wanted to introduce myself and ask if he prefers kidneys or heart.
I dashed down into the yard and he impolitely raced off and escaped over the fence.
Of course I got all the credit for being such a brave dachsie , because Schatzi is not going out in the late afternoon , let alone in the dark !

Now the yard is overstocked with Wildebeest. They walk around slowly and eat all my peanut butter sandwiches. If I fly like an arrow toward them, they lift off and scatter with lot's of noise. How much fun ! Andy calls them doves, I prefer Wildebeest.

Dad hurt his ankle and hobbles around with a pair of flip flops tied to his leg. The doc called this an air cast.

Early in the morning, Schatzi wakes Dad up so we have to go out and pee. I rather stay in bed, but this one time only it was really really really worth it !
Dad hobbles into the kitchen and slides the door open.
I knew this instant something really big was going on ! I raced left,to where the bird feeders are hanging and got into my best berserk barking mode. This is even a step higher than pandemonium barking.
The big red feeder had crashed on the ground and there was a gigantic black cat rooting through the dry plants. I was in awe of the gigantic cat, when I realized, the cat was a black bear !
Schatzi is scrambling down the stairs and Dad is yelling to us, to get back into the house immediately.
The bear ambled into the big spruce and started to climb up into the tree. The squirrels up there must have been scared out of their little peanut sized brains.
The scariest thing for them are cars. They never heard of a St. Bernhard sized black bear climbing up into their condo.
The bear changed its mind and jumped down the branches with lot's of noise, breaking some in the commotion. The bear reappears on the other side of the tree and heads for the fence. He climbed over it, just when the screaming woman from the Shut up House yells, " Oh my God, we have a bear ! "
So, there was another bear, maybe the mom or another cub.
I did not see the other bear, but one was enough for an exiting adventure so early in the morning.
Can you top having a bear in your own yard ?
Hardly.

No comments:

Post a Comment