Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bombs away !

Bombs away last night right on Dad's quilt. She really had to go and we did not understand what she tried to tell us.
Papa was in the little girls room reading. I was in bed, all hooked up to my air sleep machine, a carpal tunnel brace on my hand and my glasses in difficult reach. She was hopping around in bed, looking over the edge several times but not taking the plunge into the Black Canyon. Her light colored tail was waving around like a semaphore -- at least, this is what I thought I imagined.
Without my glasses I can't see more than 6 inches in the dark. A month ago there was still plenty of light in the bedroom from the street . But to save money, the city turned off about 10 000 lights, which included the one by our house.
I thought she was frisky and playful until the nose realized what was going on.
For a doggie, who is not housebroken let alone has ever been in a home, she is doing remarkably well.
I always say, I have a mean washing machine.

Schatzi is getting braver. Being in the backyard, with the long leash trailing, she slowly walked toward the door and went in, totally disregarding the threshold . Anytime one of the guys wanted her to walk into the house, the threshold was a major obstacle.
And now look at her ! Instead of being disoriented and panicky, she calmly looked at the couch and hopped up. An impossibility just 2 days ago.
Elfriede came for dinner so Schatzi took the opportunity to expand her territory and sniff her purse and the chair she was sitting in. Everything is new !

No comments:

Post a Comment